Monday, February 16, 2015

Learning and Growing

Another Crazy week! Splits and a reunion with for the newbies and it was pretty awesome. It helped a lot. It was nice knowing that we were all going through the same things and that we could help eachother out. But this next week should be full of a lot more things because we are going to stay in our area this week :)

People

T is real good! She´s loving the gospel and seeing differences in her life! She´s gone to church 3 times already and wants to participate in everything. Even cleaning the church! How crazy is that! She´s going through a lot of rough stuff and a lot of crazy stuff happened to her in the past, but she is reading the book of mormon every day and feeling a difference and a peace.

E is a teenage girl that we met during an english class. We bore our testimony about that book of mormon and her teacher who is our president, gave a her a book of mormon in english and portuguese. And we bore our testimony about it and explained the significance of it. We returned there the other day and she had already read 30 pages and prayed! We found all of her family and they told us how they wanted to read the book of mormon too!

P is a teenage girl too that we found with her family. When we first talked to her, She said, Yeah I know you guys! I´ve already seen the many videos that appear on Youtube (mormon messages)! I even watched some of them with my dad! WHAT. Okay. Never happens. So we returned another day to teach her family and then we told her to watch Joseph Smith the prophet of the Restoration. They were an awesome family. They even gave us a ride to church because we were late to the baptism of the other sisters!

I is a mom of a family that we met this week. She´s wonderful and is reading the Book of Mormon and loving what we´re teaching. We marked a date with her and she accepted :)

Shout out to Collette for helping me think of things to say in my letter! I hope they will be somewhat interesting for you guys :)

Lesson where you felt the spirit the most that week & why

I think the most spiritual lesson was when I was doing splits with I. We were teaching a lady that was absolutely discouraged and was passing through a lot of medical problems. She was so discouraged that she started to cry. I don´t know why, but I feel like in these moments I feel the spirit the most. There is something special to me that makes testifying of the gospel bringing peace really strong to me. I feel the most powerful when I can show to them how much the Gospel is going to bless their lives and help them with their problems, the little ones until the big ones. And when I testified, I just wanted her to just take everything I had and wanted to do everything to help her take a step in her life. I´m very grateful for the Gospel and the fact that it brings comfort and guidance in the times that we need it the most.

Who you learned to see through God’s eyes

I think that the person that I am learning to see through Heavenly father is my own companion. We´re pretty different in a few things, and I think the more that I see through my Heavenly Father´s eyes, the more I am growing to love her and appreciate the differences.
One place God directed you by the Spirit

It´s interesting how the Lord guides you in everything. We had a bunch of plans on Saturday, but for some reason the conacts that we made a week before seemed more important than our compromises. So we decided to contact all of the contacts, that are like 30 seconds from the other, so we basically stayed on one road the whole day, and we ended up finding 3 families that were ready to hear the gospel! We returned the other day to see if the family was waiting up for us that one day, but turns out that they weren´t even there that day. So instead of walking 30 minutes to find no one in the house, we found 3 families on the same road!

A person or principle that changed your perspective on eternity that week

I really really came to have an appreciation for the sacrament even more this week. There´s something amazing and wonderful in the fact that a prayer and the simple action of taking the bread and water with a repentant heart can do so much. Do yu realize how powerful the atonement is? Do you realize how wonderful it is to start a new page every week?!? Do you know how completely lost we would be without the atonement? Do you realize how merciful Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are for giving us this opportunity? BEcause I don´t think that I did. And it just kind of hit me even more this week of how wonderful of an opportunity it is. I love the sacrament and I´m extremely grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Love you guys!

Sister Parco

No comments:

Post a Comment