Monday, March 9, 2015

I Love Service



Good things

NOITE FAMILIAR. I love the youth here in Prudentololis. They are the ones that hold this branch together. And we´re all basically best friends. They love the Sisters and we love them. It´s so wonderful to see that change in them. When I got here, all of them stayed on their cellulars and didn´t participate in the message, but this NF was so much different because all of them kept quiet and bore their testimony and asked questions. And all of them are modest and wow. It´s so incredible. They came back from youth conference and all of them are changed. I love that. And I love them. they are seriously the best. They are probably the people that i´m going to miss most when I leave. We know that they will make a difference in this branch. They´ll be the future leaders. Gah. I am just so proud of them. We want to start a missionary preparatory class for them. I think that it would be awesome :)

T is preparing for her baptism! She´s changed so much :) 

I love divisions and being able to serve the sisters. There was a sister that was going through a few hard things that I live with and she just needed to talk. So we layed in our beds and talked about how we could fix everything and what the Lord expects of us on the mission and how grace works. It´s surprising how much everything changes. Instead of worrying about getting enough sleep, I have the opportunity to help a Sister. I love that. It gives me a chance to always look outward. I love that. I think i´ve learned a lot of that here. I´ve started to look for the quiet things that I can do that no one else notices but that helps in some way or form. It´s surprising how much the atmosphere changes. It´s affected even my prayers. I was realizing this week that I was just asking and asking and asking. Asking to be better, asking to help me with my faults, asking just a whole bunch of stuff. But as I started to try to switch my attitude to service, I realized that I actually felt closer to my Father when I just stayed there and asked forgiveness for my faults and just sat there and thanked Him. I guess I never really realized how much service can change your whole attitude. I mean, i realized it on a mission before, but I think I am learning it more than ever this transfer

Do you realize how cool the BOM is?!?!? Its so stinking awesome! I´m still doing that goal to finish the book of mormon in 3 months before I go home and I´m in Alma right now. WAR CHAPTERS. I love it. I love thinking about Moroni, I love thinking of what they did to fortify themselves, I love thinking of what they were going through and what they were thinking. Man, I just love it. Go home and read now.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE ACTIVITY DAY GIRLS. You have to tell them that their letters basically made my day <3 I lOVED reading their letters and just made me feel all warm and bubbly inside. You don´t know how much of a difference a letter makes for a missionary :) Made my day :) <3

Not so good things

I have these little moments when I freak out thinking that it´s already the 3rd week and that this transfer started like yesterday. Why is it going so fast....

Funny things

SO we were knocking doors and after a while these 12 year old boys had curiosidade in what we were doing and started following us. So here we are knocking doors with 7 12 year old boys standing behind our shoulders. It was super funny, and also convenient becuase we´d arrive there and the boys already knew the person that lived there so they´d yell at them and shout their name for them to come out. Super convenient. :) hahaha but so much fun. We´re basically best friends with all the little kids in the neighborhood. We have secret handshakes and stuff. Yup. We´re that cool.

Well, I love you guys! Took too long to answer those other deep questions, but I´ll save some time for them next letter! Love ya!

Sister Parco

No comments:

Post a Comment